Breastmilk Portrait Painting
- Regular price
- $170.00 AUD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $170.00 AUD
- Unit price
How To Order
BREASTMILK PORTRAIT PAINTING - The world's most unique breastmilk keepsake. This is a one-of-a-kind gift for the breastfeeding mother to commemorate their breastfeeding journey. This painting is created from a converted photo turned into a vinyl template, then transformed into an alcohol ink painting, this breastmilk portrait painting will be treasured forever.
- BREASTMILK PRESERVATION METHOD - A new patented preservation method has been developed for these paintings to allow for it to be used in a liquid form instead of powder which is the common method amongst other industries.
- ONLY 5-10MLS OF BREASTMILK NEEDED - All you need to do is mail 5-10mls of breastmilk. You can even send previously frozen breastmilk and age does not matter!
I am proud to say that my paintings have even been sent all over the world and I have been granted an import license by the Department of Agriculture.
-SCIENTIFICALLY VERIFIED - The process has been scientifically tested and verified by third party laboratories. The paintings will not spoil, produce smell, nor grow mould
- WORLD FIRST - This breastmilk art is a world first and was created by myself, Gina Jones, who wanted to celebrate my own breastfeeding journey in a unique way. I have been featured on ABC News, 9News, 7News & many more media outlets around the world!
- DNA BREASTMILK KEEPSAKE - These breastmilk portrait paintings are a beautiful new breastmilk keepsake for mother's looking for an alternative to breastmilk jewellery. Not only is this service provided in Australia but this breastmilk jewelry alternative is available worldwide.
This is perfect for the mother that doesn't wear jewellery and wants something to display in the home for all to enjoy.
-CUSTOM COLOURS - Don't see a colour palette you like? I will work with you to create a custom colour palette at no extra charge.
Choose Your Options
Is There An Age Limit On The Breastmilk?
No, you can use breastmilk that is several years old and it will still be fine to include in the artwork. The recommendations you see regarding storage times for breastmilk is applicable to when you are feeding your milk to your infant/child only.
Can I Use Frozen Breastmilk?
Yes, frozen breastmilk is perfectly fine to use. If you are not wanting to defrost a whole bag, break off a piece of frozen breastmilk roughly 6cm x 6xm and 1cm thick.
This works out to roughly 10mls.
Do You Take International Orders?
Yes I do. I have been granted an import license from the Australian department of agriculture. Further information can be found on the Order Process page, but please let me know if you need more information.
Can you back up your claims about the Breastmilk Portrait Paintings not spoiling and growing mold?
Yes. I have conducted a yeast and mold test through Symbio Laboratories. The samples came back with zero yeast or mold growth.
A copy of the report can be found here if you wish to read it.
What sort of photos can I use for the Family Portrait Paintings and Breastmilk Portrait Paintings?
Here are some tips for selecting the right photos to send in:
File size: preferably high resolution as more detail will come through into the painting. I have worked with photos as small as 40kb before and the process has still worked.
File type: all
Photo features: detailed fabrics in clothing look great in a painting.
Make sure the top of the head is not cut off, if its only slightly cut off that's fine, I can edit it.
What is the turn around time for the Family Portrait Paintings and Breastmilk Portrait Paintings?Please expect up to 2 weeks to complete the painting. This excludes shipping times.
Do you guarantee your work?
I like my customers to be happy with their painting as this is something they will treasure for many years.
What is the process for the Breastmilk Portrait Paintings? How do I send in breastmilk?
Place an order online for your portrait and please ensure you have uploaded a photo
Please put 10mls of breastmilk into a ziplock bag.I recommend double bagging the breastmilk to protect against any possible spillage during shipping.
Please send to the following address via EXPRESS Post, advising me of the tracking number:
Gina Jones Creations
Parcel Locker 10069 69750
38 Sheridan Street
Once the order is placed and your breastmilk is received, the breastmilk will go through the preservation/treatment process.
When I have the photos and breastmilk I will start on the photo conversion and painting.
After the painting is completed and has been sealed, I will send you a photo and video of the final painting.
I allow 48hours to allow all the layers of sealants to cure. After that I will post out your lovingly gift wrapped painting.
Wont breastmilk go bad being sent in the post?
No, you are absolutely fine to send the breastmilk in the post.
How Is The Breastmilk Preserved?
Breastmilk jewelers use breastmilk preservation powders. This varies between different jewelers, and most will keep their method as a closely guarded secret.
My first painting I tried using preservation powder and the effect was very gritty, so I decided I would develop my own method. The method has been in development for a long time, and finally I have a result that doesn't spoil, does not smell, gives a smooth result and is a process I can proudly stand behind.
The process has been scientifically tested and verified by third party laboratories.
As this is a process developed by myself I have protected the Breastmilk Portrait Paintings under Intellectual Property.
Family Portrait Paintings, how do you make them and what medium do you use?
I use your precious family photo or any given photo to create the negative white space that you will see on example paintings on the website.
The paintings are created with alcohol inks, and synthetic paper.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me via the chat option or the contact form.
The order process
1) Select the type of portrait you want to purchase (Order A Portrait)
2) Select the size you would like to order from the drop down.
3) Upload the photo that you want to use for the painting. If you are unsure of what photo you want to use you can email this to firstname.lastname@example.org afterwards if you wish.
4) Choose your colour palette. You can either choose a premade colour palette, or create your own colour palette. If you choose to create your own colour palette I will mix these for you and show you what they look like after the order has been placed.
5) Please complete the check out process.
Additional steps for Breastmilk Portrait Paintings
If in Australia:
Please double bag 10mls of breastmilk in a ziplock bag.
More information regarding sending in breastmilk is found on the FAQ page, but an automated email will be sent to you with further instructions upon purchase.
If you are an international client:
I have been granted an import license for breastmilk from the department of Agriculture, and as such there are a few requirement that need to be met before the breastmilk can be imported.
Here are the key steps but I will email you the instructions and the import paper that needs to be included.
-The products must be imported in volumes no greater than 50 mL.(I only require 10mls for the paintings)
-The products must be transported in a sealed leak proof container. (I advise my clients to seal their breastmilk in 3 breastmilk bags as these provide a lot more protection against leaks)
-The breastmilk must be sourced from client.
-The breastmilk must be sterilised at a minimum temperature of 121°C for a minimum of 15 minutes in a pressure cooker.(Please advise if you do not have access to a pressure cooker and I will advise alternative information)
A copy of the order confirmation and the import form (see attached) need to be provided with the breastmilk, both inside the package, and a photocopied version on the outside of the package. This must be in a zip lock bag taped to the package.
A copy of the import form specific to Gina Jones Creations can be found here.
Import Form - Gina Jones Creations
Please let me know if you have any questions and I will help you with the order.
What happens after I order the painting?
1) I will convert the photo that I receive from you. Before printing it out I will contact you with a mock up to make sure you are happy with it before I commence with printing.
2) Once the stencil has been approved it will be printed, weeded, applied to the synthetic paper and then painted.
3) I will contact you after the painting is finished to make sure you are happy with it. I can make minimal changes if required.
4) Once you confirm you are happy with the painting I will apply the treated breastmilk if the Breastmilk Portrait Painting option has been selected.
5) I will then apply multiple layers of sealant, and once all of the layers have been added it will be left for an additional 24 hours to completely cure.
6) The painting is then ready to send. It will be gift wrapped at no extra charge and you will receive a notification email when the painting has been sent.
If you find you aren't receiving communication please check your spam/junk folder. If I have no response from you I will try to contact you on mobile if a mobile number has been provided.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Amazing work. Gina was very good in communicating with us making sure that we end us getting exactly what we want. She even accommodated some last minute colour palette changes. My wife is extremely happy with the end product and I couldn't be more happier. Highly recommend getting a portrait done. Now we have something to remind us of my bubbs breastfeeding days and memories to cherish a lifetime. Thank you Gina
I had the best experience, very responsive to messages and more than helpful with any questions I had! I had regular updates and the communication was amazing! The end product was absolutely amazing! I'm so in love with my portrait!! 😍
I was so thrilled to see that this sort of gift was available for me to use with my breastmilk. It is so special to now have this image with my daughter and I and it’s made from the milk that I created for her! Gina was easy to liaise with and the process was really straight forward!
The piece that Gina created for me is absolutely stunning. Gina was easy to contact and answered any questions I had while deciding what to order. She was wonderful to deal with and I would happily order again.
Absolutely amazin art! Have mine hanging up in my study & absolutely luv mine!